1.动名词 (gerund )：一道。
87. Having spent some time in the city, he had no troublethe way to the history museum. (找到去历史博物馆的路) (2006. 6 )
After having spent whole mornings on the river, I always go home with an empty bag.
Its driver had a lot of trouble trying to stop it
89. The victim might have survived (原本会有时机活下来) if he had been taken to hospital in time. (2006. 12 )
强化例句：If, at the time, the British had not feared invasion, it would have been completed.
猜测：2007年12月很可能会考一道虚拟现在的语句，如：If dad were alive, he would be horrified.
Not only did he overcharge me (他向我收费过高), but he didn’t do a good repair job either.
考点：Not only 引起的部分倒装 (助动词提早)
正常结构：He not only overcharged me, but he didn’t do a good repair job either.
强化例句：Only on one occasion have I ever felt frightened.
1) 意图状语 (adverbial clauses of purpose)：一道。
88. In order to make money to support my schooling, Mother often takes on more work than is good for her.(2006. 6)
强化例句：This time he was barking so that someone would let him out.
2) 退让状语 (adverbial clauses of concession)：一道。
91. Though a skilled worker, he was fired by the company (他被公司辞退了) last week because of the economic crisis.(2006. 6)
强化例句：No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you.
3) 时刻状语 (adverbial clauses of time)：一道。
90. Some psychologists claim that people may feel lonely when they’re away from home. (出门在外时可能会感到孤单)(2006. 12 )
强化例句：They feared that the mummy would fall to pieces when they cut it open.
4) 条件状语 (adverbial clauses of condition)：一道。
91. Please come here at ten tomorrow morning if it’s convenient for you. (假如你便利的话) (2007. 6.)
强化例句：If you receive a request like this, you cannot fail to obey it!
5) 比较状语 (结构) (adverbial clauses of comparison or comparative constructions )：两道。
88. Since my childhood I have found that to me, nothing is more interesting than reading. (没有什么比读书对我更有吸引力) (2006. 12)
强化例句：Nothing could have been more annoying.
90. The more you explain, the more confused I am (我愈模糊)(2006. 6)
强化例句：The older I get, the happier I am.
猜测：2007年12月很可能会考成果状语(adverbial of result)、原因状语(adverbial of reason)、办法状语(adverbial of manner)、地址状语(adverbial of place)。
5.定语从句 (attributive clauses)：一道。
88. The prevention and treatment of AIDS is the field (where) we can cooperate. (咱们能够协作的范畴 ) (2007.6)
强化例句：It has been used to detect gold which has been buried in the ground.